Monday, April 26, 2010

important things, such as BEARS

One of the things I find weird about the whole global warming movement is the refrain, "Save the polar bears!" For some reason this, more than any other conservation effort, strikes me as a non sequitur. Why? Because polar bears think we're tasty. While I'm all for ecological diversity and conversation, sometimes it just hits me as bizarre that we are so very concerned with saving one of the few creatures that would gleefully munch upon us given the opportunity.

That being said.

Polar bears play-fighting.

When I watched this video, half of my brain was saying, "OH MY GOSH those are enormous predators fighting! Think how scary this would be in real life!"

while the other half was going, "SQUEEEE! THEY'RE SO CUTE AND WODGY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment