Saturday, April 24, 2010

-_-

Hopefully I will be able to post something interesting this weekend. Currently I am listening to some of Bach's cello suites. Usually I listen to them while working, but currently I am using them to drown out the sounds of sex from my new neighbors in the next room.

Le sigh.




An awesome site, recommended to me a year ago, but that I have only taken up just now: Lang-8. It's sort of like Facebook but cooler. The idea is that you post journal entries about whatever in whichever language you are learning, and native speakers correct them for you. I have posted one entry in Spanish and one in Japanese and already gotten corrections for both, and I have corrected one entry (in English, of course). For whatever reason there seem to be a somewhat disproportionate number of Japanese speakers on the site, but theoretically there are like 30 or 40 languages represented. Cool stuff.




The last three days of this week were. . . pretty awful. Words fail me. All I can say is that I look forward with grim expectancy to class evaluation time.

No comments:

Post a Comment