Friday, January 14, 2011

a somewhat random selection of favorite things

I see these posts all the time on other people's blogs, so. . . here are six of my favorite things! (The number has no significance; it was just how many photos I took before I got bored.)

1. This drape-y scarf given to me by my aunt Barb. (I'm also pretty fond of the quilt in the background, but that belongs to my mom.)

2. Casey's General Store (gas station found only in Iowa) donuts with maple sugar frosting. Damn they're tasty.

3. My brass rat. I feel an unreasonable affection for this little chunk of metal.


4. My Williams-Sonoma Essentials of Baking book. Much baked goodness has entered the world thanks to this book.
5. The view north to the Loess Hills from my parents' house.

6. The language section on my bookshelf. Currently trying to teach myself French. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment